Rule 5101:9-6-09.1 | Food and nutrition services state exchange.
(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues funding to select county departments of job and family services (CDJFS) for reimbursement of approved costs associated with travel expenses for U.S. department of agriculture (USDA) food and nutrition services (FNS) meetings, insight trips and conferences.
(B) FNS state exchange funding consists of one hundred per cent federal funding from the USDA FNS state exchange grant.
(C) The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number is 10.561.
(D) FNS state exchange activities
The CDJFS may submit the following staff travel expenses for reimbursement for attending any of the following conferences and/or meetings:
(1) FNS regional conferences;
(2) Meetings in other regions to view innovative approaches to the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP);
(3) FNS "Urban 14 Urban Partners" meetings, insight trips and conferences;
(4) FNS "Mid West Regional Office (MWRO)" steering committee and board meetings, insight trips and conferences; and
(5) FNS MWRO annual conference.
(1) ODJFS office of family assistance (OFA) notifies all CDJFS identified as eligible for full or partial reimbursement. After such notification, the CDJFS shall submit estimated travel expenses to the designated FNS steering committee member thirty days prior to any travel, or within seven days if thirty days is not available.
(2) The CDJFS submits requests for reimbursement through the designated FNS steering committee member no later than fifteen days after the travel has been completed for approval or denial. The designated steering committee member submits approved estimates to FNS and FNS authorizes a state exchange grant for all approved amounts.
(3) Once FNS approves the estimate and authorizes the funding the CDJFS submits documentation of eligible expenditures (i.e., copies of receipts, etc.) to OFA for approval.
(4) Upon approval, ODJFS issues an allocation making the funds available to the CDJFS.
(F) The CDJFS must report expenditures as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(G) The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.
Last updated October 12, 2021 at 8:24 AM