Rule 5101:9-6-36 | Emergency services assistance allocations (ESAA) for family preservation.
(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues Title IV-B, subpart 2 funding to public children services agencies (PCSAs) to preserve the family unit in crisis. ODJFS issues preservation funding as two separate allocations; one for direct services and one for administrative costs. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for these allocations is 93.556.
(B) ODJFS communicates the funding period and liquidation period through the county finance information system (CFIS). The PCSA can incur ESAA preservation services through the funding period and disburse and report expenditures no later than the end of the liquidation period. Expenditures in excess of the allocation amount are the responsibility of the county agency.
The methodology used to distribute available funds is as follows:
(1) ODJFS allocates forty per cent of the statewide allocation equally among all PCSAs; and
(2) ODJFS allocates sixty per cent of the statewide allocation based on each county's population of children less than one hundred per cent of the federal poverty level as compared statewide in the same category, utilizing the most recent available calendar year data from the U.S. bureau of census figures.
(1) ODJFS reimburses the PCSAs for allowable direct and administrative ESAA preservation expenditures with seventy-five per cent federal Title IV-B, subpart 2 funds. The PCSA shall use eligible state funding or provide local funds at a twenty-five per cent match rate for the nonfederal share.
(2) When the nonfederal share includes donated funds, rule 5101:9-7-50 of the Administrative Code shall be followed.
(E) ESAA family preservation allocation
(1) The PCSA can claim allowable expenditures for providing direct ESAA preservation services as described in rule 5101:2-40-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) PCSAs shall report direct ESAA service expenditures as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(F) ESAA family preservation operating allocation
(1) A PCSA may claim reimbursement of non-allocated administrative costs for ESAA preservation through the social services random moment sample (SSRMS) reconciliation/certification of funds (COF) process.
(2) A PCSA may also request to transfer the operating allocation to the direct services allocation to be used as stated in paragraph (E)(1) of this rule. A PCSA may request this transfer by submitting a budget transfer request in CFIS to ODJFS prior to the end of the liquidation period.
(G) The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.