Rule 5101:9-6-62 | Title IV-E kinship guardianship assistance program.
(A) The Ohio department of job and family services issues the kinship guardianship assistance program (KGAP) funding to the public children services agency (PCSA) to provide permanent planning options for children when family reunification or adoption are not appropriate choices.
(B) This allocation consists of federal funds and the federal assistance listing number is 93.090.
(C) The PCSA determines eligibility and coordinates with ODJFS to complete all procedures related to the administration of KGAP as described in rule 5101:2-46-01 of the Administrative Code. These administrative responsibilities include:
(1) Negotiating payment;
(2) Ensuring the proper administration of funds, allocated or reimbursed;
(3) Maintaining a separate KGAP case record for each program eligible child that has entered into a KGAP agreement; and
(4) Redetermination of annual eligibility.
(D) ODJFS communicates the funding period and liquidation period through the county finance information system (CFIS). The PCSA can incur services through the funding period and disburse and report expenditures no later than the end of the liquidation period.
(1) Federal financial participation is reimbursable under Title IV-E as follows:
(a) KGAP administrative costs are reimbursable at fifty per cent.
(b) KGAP training costs are reimbursable at seventy-five per cent.
(2) The KGAP program administrative and training costs reimbursement will not be discounted by the eligibility ratio.
(F) The PCSAs shall report expenditures as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(G) The definitions, requirements and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this allocation.
Last updated January 3, 2023 at 8:32 AM