Rule 5101:9-6-70 | Fraud awareness initiatives.
(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues the fraud awareness allocation to select county departments of job and family services (CDJFS) to promote fraud awareness month programs, campaigns, activities and events. May is designated as fraud awareness month.
(B) ODJFS may issue funding up to two thousand dollars per county to support fraud awareness initiatives. Counties eligible for this funding are those with an ODJFS approved local fraud awareness initiative. ODJFS will notify counties in writing if approved for funding.
(C) This allocation is one hundred per cent federal funding. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for this allocation is 93.558. Funds must be obligated by June thirtieth and liquidated by September thirtieth.
(D) Fraud awareness initiative funds must be used to purchase promotional items which may include, but are not limited to:
(1) Promotional signs such as billboards, banners, posters, city bus placards, and bus stop bench advertisements;
(2) Marketing items such as pens, cups, bookmarks, post-it notes, magnets, reusable grocery bags, bumper stickers, etc. for distribution to the public; and
(3) Media publicity such as radio and television public service announcements.
(E) Fraud awareness initiative funds cannot be used for:
(1) Purchasing items intended for human consumption;
(2) Hosting staff;
(3) Parties; or
(4) Other uses of funds prohibited by Ohio ethics law, Chapter 102. of the Revised Code, and other relevant policies.
(F) The CDJFS shall include the following information on all printed or promotional items:
(1) The ODJFS fraud logo; and
(2) Information for reporting fraud:
(a) Using the ODJFS report fraud website, http://jfs.ohio.gov/fraud; or
(b) Using the CDJFS contact information, including county name, phone number, or website.
(G) The CDJFS shall report expenditures through the county finance information system (CFIS), using coding established for this allocation, as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(H) The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.