Rule 5120:1-1-12 | Conditions of release.
(A) The parole board shall impose upon the releasee such conditions of release as it deems reasonably necessary to ensure that the releasee will lead a law-abiding life and to assist the releasee in leading a law-abiding life.
(B) The parole board shall impose the following minimum conditions of release:
(1) The releasee shall abide by all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances and all rules and regulations of the department of rehabilitation and correction;
(2) The releasee shall obtain permission, in writing, from the adult parole authority before leaving the state;
(3) The releasee shall comply with all lawful orders given to the releasee by the department of rehabilitation and correction, its authorized agents, or its representatives, which shall include any sanctions that may be imposed in response to violation behavior at any time during supervision;
(4) The releasee shall not possess, own, use, or have under the releasee's control any firearm, deadly weapon, or dangerous ordnance.
(5) The releasee is not authorized to enter the grounds of any correctional facility nor attempt to visit any prisoner or communicate with any prisoner in any manner without first obtaining written permission from the releasee's supervising officer.
(C) When imposing special conditions of release, the parole board shall, to the extent feasible, individualize the conditions, taking into consideration the releasee's risk and needs level and the safety of the victim or victims, provided that:
(1) There is a reasonable relationship between the conditions imposed and the inmate's previous conduct and present situation;
(2) The conditions are sufficiently specific to serve as a guide to supervision and conduct; and
(3) The conditions are such that compliance is possible.
(D) An inmate shall receive written notice of the conditions of release including any special conditions that have been imposed upon him by the parole board prior to the inmate's release from the institution and shall acknowledge by signature the receipt of, and intention to comply with, the conditions imposed.
(E) Any request for the addition, removal, or modification of a condition or special condition of release shall be directed to the parole board chair or designee. The parole board chair or designee shall consider the request along with the releasee's risk and needs level. The parole board chair or designee shall respond as soon as administratively possible to the person requesting the addition, removal, or modification of the condition.
Last updated April 8, 2021 at 12:24 PM