Rule 5120:1-10-02 | Classification.
(A) (Important) Each twelve-day facility shall have a written inmate classification system that specifies the criteria and procedures for determining and changing the classification of an inmate to determine the level of custody required, special needs, housing assignment and participation in programming.
(B) (Important) Each twelve-day facility shall have written policies, procedures and practices which complies with the following standards:
(1) (Important) Male and female inmates are housed separately by sight, touch and out of range of normal conversation.
(2) (Important) Violent and non-violent inmates are not placed in the same cell or unsupervised areas together.
(3) (Important) Male and female inmates are supervised if placed together for purposes of programming, transportation or other similar activities.
(4) (Important) Juvenile and adult inmates are separated in a manner consistent with sections 2151.311 and 2152.26 of the Revised Code.
(5) (Important) Jails using inmate workers shall evaluate and select workers based on established criteria.
(6) (Important) Inmates participating in work or educational release programs shall be searched before leaving the jail and prior to their returning to their housing units; and where practical, these inmates will be housed separately from the general population.
(C) (Important) Inmates, when placed in general population, shall be:
(1) Assigned a bed;
(2) Provided with a clean mattress, blanket, bed linens and towels;
(3) Provided with articles to maintain personal hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and feminine hygiene items as needed.)