Rule 5160-27-11 | Behavioral health nursing services.
(A) Behavioral health nursing services are mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) nursing services performed by registered nurses or licensed practical nurses. They include those activities that are performed within professional scope of practice and in authorized settings by staff that are licensed by the Ohio board of nursing and are intended to address the behavioral and other physical health needs of individuals receiving treatment for psychiatric symptoms or substance use disorders.
(B) Activities may include but are not limited to performance of the following:
(1) Health care screenings
(2) Nursing assessments
(3) Nursing exams
(4) Checking vital signs
(5) Monitoring the effects of medication
(6) Monitoring symptoms
(7) Behavioral health education
(8) Collaboration with the individual and/or family as clinically indicated
(9) Group nursing services
(C) Eligible providers.
(1) Registered nurse (RN) as described in rule 5160-27-01 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Licensed practical nurse (LPN) as described in rule 5160-27-01 of the Administrative Code.
(1) Group nursing services and nursing assessments must be provided by an RN.
(2) When behavioral health nursing services are provided, medication administration will not be reimbursed when provided by the same practitioner, to the same recipient, on the same day.
(3) Behavioral health nursing services will not be reimbursed when a recipient in enrolled in assertive community treatment (ACT) or in a SUD residential treatment facility.