Rule 5160-8-41 | Services provided by a dietitian.
(1) Rendering providers. The following practitioners, defined in Chapter 4759. of the Revised Code, may enroll in medicaid as eligible providers of dietitian services:
(a) A licensed dietitian; and
(b) A registered dietitian.
(2) Billing ("pay-to") providers. The following eligible providers may receive medicaid payment for submitting a claim for a covered service on behalf of a rendering provider:
(a) An independent licensed dietitian;
(b) An independent registered dietitian;
(c) A professional medical group;
(d) An ambulatory health care clinic; or
(e) A federally qualified health center (FQHC) or rural health clinic (RHC).
(B) Coverage. Payment may be made for the following services provided by a dietitian:
(1) Medical nutrition therapy services specified in "Current Procedural Terminology," published by the American medical association (AMA), http://www.ama-assn.org; and
(2) Lactation counseling services.
(C) Claim payment.
(1) Payment for a covered service provided by a dietitian in an FQHC site or RHC site is determined in accordance with Chapter 5160-28 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Payment for a covered service provided by a dietitian in a setting other than an FQHC site or RHC site is the lesser of the submitted charge or the amount shown in appendix DD to rule 5160-1-60 of the Administrative Code.
Last updated July 1, 2021 at 10:51 AM