Rule 901-5-09 | Payments to directors and officers of the society.
(A) If the constitution of the society permits such payments, any society may pay each director of the society, other than an ex-officio director, an amount not exceeding thirty dollars plus reimbursement on a per mile basis from the director's residence to the meeting place of the board of directors and return for attending up to twelve meetings of said board, each calendar year. The reimbursement per mile shall not exceed the amount set forth in rule 126-1-02 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The board of directors of a society may pay the actual expenses of any director, and any duly authorized representative of the board, who attends the annual state convention of agricultural societies, the annual meeting required by section 901.06 of the Revised Code, and any other event which is designated by the board, if the board:
(1) Determines that attendance by the director or authorized representative at the meeting or other event is directly beneficial to the society; and
(2) Records such determination and authority for such payment in the minutes of any regular or special meeting of the board.
(C) Any agricultural society may:
(1) During the week of its fair, purchase meals for directors and officers of the society, and for other individuals designated by the board of directors at a regular meeting of the board; and
(2) Compensate such directors, and officers, for meals purchased by the directors and officers.
(D) The treasurer, secretary, and fair manager may be members of the board of directors of a society. The board of directors may compensate such board members for their services, in addition to the compensation permitted by paragraphs (A), (B) and (C) of this rule, if the society's constitution permits such compensation.
(E) No society shall employ and compensate any member of the board of directors, other than the treasurer, secretary, or fair manager, of the society for services other than those specified in paragraphs (A), (B) and (C) of this rule, unless:
(1) The constitution of the society provides for such employment and compensation; and
(2) The minutes of a regular or special meeting of the board of directors record authorization for such employment.
(F) No society shall pay any funds or deliver any property of the society to, or for the individual benefit of, any member of the board of directors, or any other person as a share, gift, or dividend. The terms "share," "gift," and "dividend" as used in this rule do not mean awards which are advertised in the annual premium list of a fair held by a society.