Rule 901:1-1-02 | Licensing and registration.
(A) All captive whitetail deer shall be designated as monitored captive deer, captive deer with status, or captive deer with certified chronic wasting disease status. Owners of captive whitetail deer shall be licensed or registered under one of the following requirements:
(2) If a captive deer with status, or captive deer with certified chronic wasting disease status does not otherwise meet the licensing requirements of section 943.03 or 943.031 of the Revised Code and the owner wishes to propagate the animals, a license must be obtained in accordance with section 943.20 of the Revised Code; or
(3) Registered annually with the chief, division of animal health. Registration shall be on a form provided by the department and a registration fee of twenty-five dollars shall be paid.
(B) Prior to licensure or registration as outlined in paragraph (A) of this rule, owners of captive whitetail deer must obtain a permit from the Ohio department of natural resources pursuant to sections 1533.71 and 1533.721 of the Revised Code.
(1) Upon the initial registration or licensing of a captive white tail deer herd, an inspection of the facilities, herd and herd records and perimeter fencing will be conducted by the department. Thereafter the facility, animals, identification, and records shall be inspected annually by an approved accredited licensed veterinarian or the department.
(2) There must be no indication of chronic wasting disease being present in the herd, as attested to by the owner and his or her approved accredited licensed veterinarian. If any indication of chronic wasting disease is present the chief, division of animal health may refuse to enroll the herd in the captive deer with status, or a captive deer with certified chronic wasting disease status designations or revoke the herd's current status designation.
(3) The director or the director's designee may enter at all reasonable times on the premises of a captive whitetail deer herd for the purpose determining compliance with this chapter and Chapters 941. and 943 of the Revised Code.