Rule 901:1-13-03 | Quarantine.
(A) The following flocks and herds shall be quarantined:
(1) An infected flock or herd;
(2) A source flock or herd;
(3) A flock or herd listed by the United States department of agriculture as a non-compliant flock or herd;
(4) An exposed flock or herd in which the animal from the source flock or herd is missing;
(5) A flock in which an animal has been tested and confirmed positive for Nor98 like scrapie shall be quarantined until all animals in the flock have been identified with official individual identification. These animals may be moved off of the premises as allowed in the flock plan and post exposure monitoring plan as described in the national scrape eradication program standards (2019) which may be found by visiting ww.aphis.usda.gov.
(B) The following animals shall be quarantined:
(1) A suspect animal;
(2) An exposed animal upon a determination by the designated scrapie/TSE epidemiologist that without a quarantine there is a reasonable likelihood the disease could be spread by the exposed animal;
(3) Animals in an exposed flock or herd upon a determination by the designated scrapie/ TSE epidemiologist that without a quarantine there is a reasonable likelihood the disease was or could have been spread by the exposed animals.
(C) No person shall, without written permission from the Ohio department of agriculture, add to or remove an animal from a flock or herd which is quarantined.
(D) A flock or herd shall be released from quarantine after:
(1) A flock plan is completed;
(2) The flock is considered a compliant flock; or
(3) A permit is issued by the Ohio department of agriculture.
(E) An exposed animal and an animal in an exposed flock shall be released from quarantine when:
(1) The designated scrapie/TSE epidemiologist evaluates factors, including but not limited to, the genetics of the animal, the results of live animal testing, epidemiology and genetics of the source flock, and there is not a reasonable likelihood the disease will be spread by the animal; or,
(2) A permit is issued by the Ohio department of agriculture.