Section 147.541 | Acknowledged before me defined.
The words "acknowledged before me" means that:
(A) The person acknowledging appeared before the person taking the acknowledgment, including by visually appearing through the use of any electronic communications devices approved by the secretary of state;
(B) The person acknowledging acknowledged executing the instrument, including through the use of an electronic signature from technology approved by the secretary of state;
(C) In the case of:
(1) A natural person, the person executed the instrument for the purposes therein stated;
(2) A corporation, the officer or agent acknowledged holding the position or title set forth in the instrument and certificate, the officer or agent signed the instrument on behalf of the corporation by proper authority, and the instrument was the act of the corporation for the purpose therein stated;
(3) A partnership, the partner or agent acknowledged signing the instrument on behalf of the partnership by proper authority and the partner or agent executed the instrument as the act of the partnership for the purposes therein stated;
(4) A person acknowledging as principal by an attorney in fact, the attorney in fact executed the instrument by proper authority as the act of the principal for the purposes therein stated;
(5) A person acknowledging as a public officer, trustee, administrator, guardian, or other representative, the person signed the instrument by proper authority and the person executed the instrument in the capacity and for the purposes therein stated; and
(D) The person taking the acknowledgment either knew or had satisfactory evidence that the person acknowledging was the person named in the instrument or certificate.