Section 1751.15 | [Suspended eff. 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2026, per Section 3 of S.B. 9 of the 130th General Assembly, as amended] Annual open enrollment period.
(A) Each health insuring corporation shall accept individuals for open enrollment coverage as provided in sections 3923.58 and 3923.581 of the Revised Code. A health insuring corporation may reinsure coverage of any individual acquired under those sections with the open enrollment reinsurance program in accordance with division (G) of section 3924.11 of the Revised Code. Fixed periodic prepayment rates charged for coverage reinsured by the program shall be established in accordance with section 3924.12 of the Revised Code.
(B) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) Any health insuring corporation that offers only supplemental health care services or specialty health care services;
(2) Any health insuring corporation that offers plans only through medicare or medicaid and that has no other commercial enrollment;
(3) Any health insuring corporation that offers plans only through other federal health care programs regulated by federal regulatory bodies and that has no other commercial enrollment;
(4) Any health insuring corporation that offers plans only through contracts covering officers or employees of the state that have been entered into by the department of administrative services and that has no other commercial enrollment.
Last updated March 23, 2022 at 10:25 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- October 1, 2011 – Amended by House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View October 1, 2011 Version ]