Section 3333.167 | College credit for high school students enrolled in career-technical planning districts.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Approved course" means a career-technical education course offered by a career-technical planning district to which either of the following applies:
(a) The course complies with the criteria, policies, and procedures established under section 3333.162 of the Revised Code.
(b) The course is approved through an articulation agreement that a career-technical planning district has entered into with a state institution of higher education.
(2) "Career-technical planning district" has the same meaning as in section 3317.023 of the Revised Code.
(3) "State institution of higher education" has the same meaning as in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code.
(B) The chancellor of higher education, in consultation with the superintendent of public instruction, shall develop and, if determined appropriate by the chancellor and the state superintendent, implement a statewide plan that permits a high school student enrolled in a career-technical planning district to receive post-secondary credit on a college transcript in a manner comparable to the college credit plus program established under Chapter 3365. of the Revised Code for the completion of an approved course.
(C) The statewide plan developed under division (B) of this section shall do all of the following:
(1) Identify and define the criteria, policies, procedures, and timelines necessary for a high school student to receive post-secondary credit on a college transcript for completing an approved course;
(2) Identify any technology solutions or statewide data information systems necessary to streamline and facilitate the electronic exchange of student data to improve the credit verification process for students, career-technical planning districts, and state institutions of higher education;
(3) Identify any regional or national accreditation requirements or state policy barriers that currently exist that need to be considered in developing the statewide plan;
(4) If the chancellor and the state superintendent determine it appropriate to implement the statewide plan, recommend a date and the method by which the statewide plan shall be implemented.
(D) The chancellor shall convene a group of stakeholders to assist in preparing the plan under division (B) of this section. The group shall include a representative from each of the following:
(1) The Ohio association of career-technical education;
(2) The Ohio association of career-technical superintendents;
(3) The Ohio association of compact and comprehensive career-technical schools;
(4) The Ohio association of community colleges;
(5) The inter-university council of Ohio;
(6) The association of independent colleges and universities of Ohio;
(7) Any other stakeholders determined appropriate by the chancellor.
(E) Not later than June 30, 2020, the chancellor shall submit to the governor, the president and minority leader of the senate, and the speaker and minority leader of the house of representatives, the completed plan developed under division (B) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]