Section 3701.611 | Central intake and referral system for home visiting programs.
(A) The department of health shall create a central intake and referral system for all home visiting programs operating in this state. Through a competitive bidding process, the department of health may select one or more persons or government entities to operate the system.
(B) If the department of health chooses to select one or more system operators as described in division (A) of this section, a contract with any system operator shall require that the system do both of the following:
(1) Serve as a single point of entry for access, assessment, and referral of families to appropriate home visiting services based on each family's location of residence;
(2) Use a standardized form or other mechanism to assess for each family member's risk factors and social determinants of health, as well as ensure that the family is referred to the appropriate home visiting program, which may include a program that uses home visiting contractors who provide services within a community HUB that fully or substantially complies with the pathways community HUB certification standards developed by the pathways community HUB institute.
(C) The standardized form or other mechanism described in division (B)(2) of this section shall be agreed to by the home visiting consortium created under section 3701.612 of the Revised Code.
(D) A contract entered into under division (B) of this section shall require a system operator to issue an annual report to the department of health that includes data regarding referrals made by the central intake and referral system, costs associated with the referrals, and the quality of services received by families who were referred to services through the system. The report shall be distributed to the home visiting consortium created under section 3701.612 of the Revised Code.
(E) Nothing in this section is intended to do any of the following:
(1) Prohibit the department of health from using alternative promotional materials or names for the central intake and referral system;
(2) Require the use of help me grow program promotional materials or names;
(3) Prohibit providers, central coordinators, the department of health, or stakeholders from using the help me grow name for promotional materials for home visiting.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 16, 2009 – House Bill 1 - 128th General Assembly [ View October 16, 2009 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Enacted by Senate Bill 332 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]