Section 3701.611 | Central intake and referral system for home visiting programs.
(A) Not later than six months after the effective date of this section, the department of health and the department of developmental disabilities shall create a central intake and referral system for the state's part C early intervention services program and all home visiting programs operating in this state. The system shall comply with all regulations governing the part C early intervention program for infants and toddlers with disabilities that are promulgated under the "Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 1997," 20 U.S.C. 1400, as amended. Through a competitive bidding process, the department of health and department of developmental disabilities may select one or more persons or government entities to operate the system.
(B) If the department of health and department of developmental disabilities choose to select one or more system operators as described in division (A) of this section, a contract with any system operator shall require that the system do both of the following:
(1) Serve as a single point of entry for access, assessment, and referral of families to appropriate home visiting services based on each family's location of residence;
(2) Use a standardized form or other mechanism to assess for each family member's risk factors and social determinants of health.
If the Ohio home visiting consortium created under section 3701.612 of the Revised Code has recommended a standardized form or other mechanism for this purpose, the contract may require the use of that form or other mechanism.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 16, 2009 – House Bill 1, 128th General Assembly [ View October 16, 2009 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Enacted by Senate Bill 332, 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]