Section 3701.97 | [Amended and renumbered as R.C. 5180.12 by H.B. 33, 135th General Assembly, effective 1/1/2025] Stillbirth data.
(A) As used in this section, "stillbirth" means death prior to the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of human conception of at least twenty weeks of gestation, which after such expulsion or extraction does not breathe or show any other evidence of life such as beating of the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles.
(B) The director of health shall do all of the following:
(1) Publish stillbirth data compiled from the department of health's fetal death statistical file and make it available on the department's internet web site;
(2) Review the stillbirth data described in division (B)(1) of this section and identify potential trends in the incidence of stillbirth and the possible causes of, and conditions that could lead to or indicate the possible occurrence of, stillbirth;
(3) Develop educational materials in conjunction with statewide medical associations that may be used to apprise health care providers of trends, if any, that were identified through a review described in division (B)(2) of this section;
(4) Electronically disseminate the educational materials developed under division (B)(3) of this section to the state medical board and statewide medical associations and make them available on the department of health's web site in an easily accessible format.
Last updated October 6, 2023 at 10:46 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 332 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]