Section 3707.56 | [Repealed effective 4/6/2023 by H.B. 558, 134th General Assembly; see R.C. 3715.50 to 3715.505] Authorization to dispense overdose reversal drugs.
(A) As used in this section and in sections 3707.561 and 3707.562 of the Revised Code:
(1) "Board of health" means a board of health of a city or general health district or the authority having the duties of a board of health under section 3709.05 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Overdose reversal drug" has the same meaning as in section 4729.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) A board of health, through a physician serving as the board's health commissioner or medical director, may authorize pharmacists and pharmacy interns practicing pharmacy in a county that includes all or part of the health district represented by the board to use the protocol developed pursuant to rules adopted under section 4729.44 of the Revised Code for the purpose of dispensing overdose reversal drugs under section 4729.44 of the Revised Code.
Last updated March 15, 2023 at 10:45 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- July 16, 2015 – Enacted by House Bill 4 - 131st General Assembly [ View July 16, 2015 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 319 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- September 23, 2022 – Amended by House Bill 193 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 23, 2022 Version ]