Section 4115.31 | Products and services of persons with severe disabilities definitions.
(A) "Person with a severe disability" means an individual or class of individuals with a physical disability, including visual impairment, or mental disability, according to criteria established by the state committee for the purchase of products and services provided by persons with severe disabilities.
(B) "Qualified nonprofit agency for persons with severe disabilities" means an agency:
(1) Organized under the laws of the United States or this state, operated in the interest of persons with severe disabilities, and no part of the net income of which inures to the benefit of any shareholder or other individual;
(2) Which is certified as a sheltered workshop, where applicable, by the wage and hour division of the United States department of labor;
(3) Which complies with the applicable occupational health and safety standards required by the laws of the United States or of this state;
(4) Which in the manufacture of products and in the provision of services, whether or not procured under sections 4115.31 to 4115.35 of the Revised Code, employs, during the fiscal year of commodity production or service provision, persons with severe disabilities at a quota not less than seventy-five per cent of the total man hours of direct labor on all production, whether or not government-related.
(C) "Direct labor" includes all work required for preparation, processing, and packing, but not supervision, administration, inspection, and shipping.
(D) "Political subdivision" means a county, township, village, school district, or special purpose district.
(E) "Instrumentality of the state" means any board, commission, authority, public corporation, college, university, or other educational institution, or any other entity supported in whole or in part by funds appropriated by the general assembly.
(F) "Central nonprofit agency" means an agency approved under section 4115.35 of the Revised Code by qualified nonprofit agencies for persons with severe disabilities and the state committee for the purchase of products and services provided by persons with severe disabilities to facilitate the distribution of orders among qualified nonprofit agencies.
(G) "Fair market price" means the price verified under section 4115.33 of the Revised Code by the state committee for the purchase of products and services provided by persons with severe disabilities for all products and site-specific services on the procurement list published under that section.
(H) "Procurement list" means the list of products and site-specific services that state agencies, political subdivisions, and instrumentalities of the state shall procure under sections 4115.31 to 4115.35 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 29, 1995 – Senate Bill 162 - 121st General Assembly [ View October 29, 1995 Version ]