Section 4115.33 | State committee - powers and duties.
(A) The state committee for the purchase of products and services provided by persons with severe disabilities shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that do all of the following:
(1) Determine which products manufactured and site-specific services provided by persons with severe disabilities and offered for sale to state agencies, political subdivisions, or instrumentalities of the state are suitable for procurement;
(2) Verify the fair market prices of the products and services described in division (A)(1) of this section. The fair market prices shall not recover any profit. The committee periodically shall revise the fair market prices in accordance with changing market conditions.
(3) Establish, maintain, and publish a list of all the products and site-specific services described in division (A)(1) of this section. The committee periodically shall revise this procurement list as products or services are added to or removed from the products and services described in division (A)(1) of this section. The committee also shall make available the procurement list and revisions of it, on request, to all purchasing officers of state agencies, political subdivisions, and instrumentalities of the state.
(4) Establish criteria for determining what constitutes a substantial handicap to employment that prevents persons with severe disabilities from currently engaging in normal competitive employment. In establishing the criteria, the committee shall consult with appropriate entities of government and take into account the views of nongovernmental entities representing persons with severe disabilities. The committee shall further give weight of the criteria established by the federal committee for purchase from people who are blind or severely disabled, pursuant to the "Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act," 52 Stat. 1196 (1938), 41 U.S.C.A. 46, as amended.
(5) Certify all qualified nonprofit agencies that meet the requirements of division (B) of section 4115.31 of the Revised Code. When a qualified nonprofit agency is certified by the committee, its products and services that the committee determines are suitable for procurement by state agencies, political subdivisions, and instrumentalities of the state shall be placed on the procurement list established under division (A)(3) of this section.
(6) Establish procedures for the operation of each central nonprofit agency approved under section 4115.35 of the Revised Code.
(B) The committee may adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that do either or both of the following:
(2) Establish a fee structure for each central nonprofit agency approved under section 4115.35 of the Revised Code.
(C) The committee may conduct a study and evaluation of its activities under sections 4115.31 to 4115.35 of the Revised Code for the purpose of assuring effective and efficient administration of its duties and responsibilities under those sections. The committee also may study, on its own or in conjunction with public or private entities, problems related to the employment of persons with severe disabilities and the development or adaptation of production methods that would enable a greater utilization of persons with severe disabilities.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 29, 1995 – Senate Bill 162, 121st General Assembly [ View October 29, 1995 Version ]