Section 4506.072 | Enhanced commercial driver's license.
(A) Pursuant to the memorandum of understanding agreement authorized by section 4507.021 of the Revised Code between the director of public safety and the United States department of homeland security or other designated federal agency, and in accordance with the rules adopted by the registrar of motor vehicles under that section, the registrar or a deputy registrar shall issue an enhanced commercial driver's license to an eligible applicant. An applicant for an enhanced commercial driver's license shall do all of the following:
(1) Provide satisfactory proof of the applicant's identity and citizenship;
(2) Submit a biometric identifier as required by rule;
(3) Sign a declaration on a form prescribed by the registrar acknowledging the use of the one-to-many biometric match and radio frequency identification or other security features of the license;
(4) Pay a fee of twenty-five dollars, in addition to any other applicable fees in section 4506.08 of the Revised Code for issuance of a commercial driver's license. The fee shall be paid into the state treasury to the credit of the public safety - highway purposes fund created in section 4501.06 of the Revised Code.
(5) Comply with all other conditions, qualifications, and requirements for issuance of a commercial driver's license.
(B) All provisions in the Revised Code relating to a commercial driver's license include and apply to an enhanced commercial driver's license. An enhanced commercial driver's license may be used in the same manner as a commercial driver's license and additionally is approved for purposes of entering the United States at authorized land and sea ports.
Last updated May 3, 2023 at 11:55 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- June 30, 2023 – Enacted by House Bill 23 - 135th General Assembly [ View June 30, 2023 Version ]