Section 4723.76 | Dialysis technician intern certificate.
(A) The board of nursing shall issue a certificate to practice as a dialysis technician intern to an applicant who has not passed the dialysis technician certification examination required by section 4723.751 of the Revised Code, but who satisfies all of the following requirements:
(1) Applies to the board in accordance with rules adopted under section 4723.79 of the Revised Code and includes with the application both of the following:
(a) The fee established in rules adopted under section 4723.79 of the Revised Code;
(b) The name and address of all dialysis training programs approved by the board in which the applicant has been enrolled and the dates of enrollment in each program.
(2) Provides documentation from the applicant's employer attesting that the applicant is competent to perform dialysis care;
(3) Has successfully completed a dialysis training program approved by the board of nursing under section 4723.74 of the Revised Code.
(B) A dialysis technician intern certificate issued to an applicant who meets the requirements in division (A) of this section is valid for a period of time that is eighteen months from the date on which the applicant successfully completed a dialysis training program approved by the board under section 4723.74 of the Revised Code, minus the time the applicant was enrolled in one or more dialysis training programs approved by the board.
(C) A dialysis technician intern certificate issued under this section may not be renewed.
Last updated March 14, 2023 at 12:25 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 20, 2013 – House Bill 303 - 129th General Assembly [ View March 20, 2013 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 216 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]