Section 4731.2910 | Fees for telemedicine services.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Facility fee" has the same meaning as in section 4723.94 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Health care professional" means:
(a) A physician licensed under this chapter to practice medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, or podiatric medicine and surgery;
(b) A physician assistant licensed under Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code.
(3) "Health plan issuer" has the same meaning as in section 3922.01 of the Revised Code.
(4) "Telemedicine services" has the same meaning as in section 3902.30 of the Revised Code.
(B) A health care professional providing telemedicine services shall not charge a facility fee, an origination fee, or any fee associated with the cost of the equipment used to provide telemedicine services to a health plan issuer covering telemedicine services under section 3902.30 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]