Section 5162.135 | Infant mortality scorecard.
(A) As used in this section, "stillbirth" has the same meaning as in section 5180.12 of the Revised Code.
(B) The department of medicaid shall create an infant mortality scorecard. The scorecard shall report all of the following:
(1) The performance of the fee-for-service component of medicaid and each medicaid managed care organization on population health measures, including the infant mortality rate, preterm birth rate, low-birthweight rate, and stillbirth rate, delineated in accordance with division (C) of this section;
(2) The performance of the fee-for-service component of medicaid and each medicaid managed care organization on service utilization and outcome measures using claims data and data from vital records;
(3) The number and percentage of women who are at least fifteen but less than forty-four years of age who are medicaid recipients;
(4) The number of medicaid recipients who delivered a newborn and the percentage of those who reported tobacco use at the time of delivery;
(5) The number of prenatal, postpartum, and adolescent wellness visits made by medicaid recipients;
(6) The percentage of pregnant medicaid recipients who initiated progesterone therapy during pregnancy;
(7) The percentage of female medicaid recipients of childbearing age who participate in a tobacco cessation program or use a tobacco cessation product;
(8) The percentage of female medicaid recipients of childbearing age who use long-acting reversible contraception;
(9) A comparison of the low-birthweight rate of medicaid recipients with the low-birthweight rate of women who are not medicaid recipients;
(10) Any other information on maternal and child health that the department considers appropriate.
(C) To the extent possible, the performance measures described in division (B)(1) of this section shall be delineated in the scorecard as follows:
(1) For each region of the state and the state as a whole, by race and ethnic group;
(2) For the urban and rural communities specified in rules adopted under section 3701.142 of the Revised Code, as well as for any other communities that are the subject of targeted infant mortality reduction initiatives administered by one or more state agencies, by race, ethnic group, and census tract.
The scorecard shall be updated each calendar quarter and made available on the department's internet web site.
(D) The department shall make available the data sources and methodology used to complete the scorecard to any person or government entity on request.
Last updated October 2, 2023 at 4:07 PM