(A) Not later than February 1, 2020, the owner or operator
of a qualifying nuclear resource or qualifying renewable resource may apply to
the Ohio air quality development authority to receive payments for nuclear
resource credits or renewable energy credits, as applicable, under section
3706.55 of the Revised Code.
(B) An application submitted under division (A) of this
section for a qualifying nuclear resource shall include all of the following
information pertaining to the resource:
(1) Financial information.
(2) Certified cost and revenue projections through December
(3) Operation and maintenance expenses.
(4) Fuel expenses, including spent-fuel
(5) Nonfuel capital expenses.
(6) Fully allocated overhead costs.
(7) The cost of operational risks and market risks that
would be avoided by ceasing operation of the resource.
(8) Any other information, financial or otherwise, that
demonstrates that the resource is projected not to continue being
(C) As used in this chapter:
(1) "Operational risks" include the risk that
operating costs will be higher than anticipated because of new regulatory
mandates or equipment failures and the risk that per-megawatt-hour costs will
be higher than anticipated because of a lower than expected capacity
(2) "Market risks" include the risk of a forced
outage and the associated costs arising from contractual obligations, and the
risk that output from the resource may not be able to be sold at projected
(D) The Ohio air quality development authority shall create
and publish forms, instructions, and schedules as necessary for the submission
of application materials, consistent with the requirements of this chapter and
sections 3706.40 to 3706.65 of the Revised Code.