(A) The commission shall have weekly regularly scheduled public meetings. Any person may ascertain the time and place of all regularly scheduled public meetings, conferences, oral arguments, de novo hearings, and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the commission by:
(1) Consulting the commission's web site at www.erac.ohio.gov;
(2) Contacting the commission via telephone, (614) 466-8950, during normal business hours; or
(3) Consulting the notice in the "Ohio EPA Weekly Review."
(B) A representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by written request. Such notice will only be given to one representative of any media organization. A request for notification of all special meetings shall be addressed to the commission at the address listed in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule. The request shall include the following: the name of the media representative to be contacted, a mailing address, a telephone number, and an email address. The commission shall maintain a list of all media representatives who have requested notice of special meetings.
(C) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the commission shall notify all media representatives on the notification list through one of the following:
(1) Electronic communication to such representatives no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Electronic communication shall be deemed complete upon sending; or
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Telephone notice shall be deemed complete if a message has been left for the representative.
(D) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the commission shall notify all media representatives on the notification list by either the notice described in paragraph (C) of this rule. In such event, twenty-four hour notice prior to the meeting is not required, but notice shall be given as soon as possible.
Last updated September 10, 2021 at 8:20 AM