(A) The scope of this rule concerns only those persons who do not hold a certificate to engage in the practice of applied behavior analysis granted by the state board of psychology.
(B) Exemptions from certification requirements include:
(1) An individual licensed under Chapter 4732. of the Revised Code to practice psychology, if the practice of applied behavior analysis engaged in by the licensed psychologist is within the licensed psychologist's education, training and experience;
(2) An individual licensed under Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code to practice counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy, if the practice of applied behavior analysis engaged in by the licensed professional counselor, professional clinical counselor, licensed social worker, independent social worker, or licensed marriage and family therapist is within the license holder's education, training and experience;
(3) An individual acting under the authority and direction of an individual described in paragraph (B)(1) or (B)(2) of this rule;
(4) An individual practicing applied behavior who is supervised by a certified Ohio behavior analyst and acting under the authority and direction of that certified Ohio behavior analyst;
(5) The delivery of interventions by a direct care provider or family member to implement components of an applied behavior analysis treatment plan;
(6) A behavior analyst who practices with nonhuman or nonpatient clients or consumers, including applied animal behaviorists and practitioners of organizational behavior management;
(7) A licensed professional authorized to practice in this state who, in the offering or rendering of services, does not represent oneself in any printed materials or verbally by incorporating the term "applied behavior analyst" if the services of the licensed professional are within the scope of practice of the licensing law governing the licensed professional and the services performed are commensurate with the licensed professional's education, training and experience;
(8) A matriculated graduate student or postdoctoral trainee whose activities are part of a defined program of study or professional training;
(9) An individual employed by the department of developmental disabilities, a county board of developmental disabilities, or a council of government consisting of county boards of developmental disabilities, when the individual is acting in the scope of that employment;
(10) A professional employed in a school or other setting that falls under the regulation of the state board of education when the professional is acting within the scope of that employment.