(A) No manufacturer or distributor of fertilizer shall use any term which is defined in the official publication of the association of American plant food control officials as adopted in rule 901:5-1-02 of the Administrative Code on the label of any fertilizer unless the fertilizer complies with the standard for such terms which are stated in said publication.
(B) No manufacturer or distributor of a fertilizer shall include the name of any plant nutrient element:
(1) Other than nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium on the label of a fertilizer other than a specialty fertilizer, unless the percentage guaranteed equals or exceeds the percentage required in the following table:
|ELEMENT||MINIMUM PERCENTAGE REQUIRED|
(2) Which is not named in paragraph (B)(1) of this rule on the label of any such fertilizer.
(C) Each manufacturer or distributor of any fertilizer which bears on its label the name of any element which is listed in paragraph (B) of this rule, shall:
(1) List each element which is mentioned on the label and the percentage guarantee in the same order in which such elements are listed in paragraph (B) of this rule;
(2) Furnish the director of agriculture the label and directions for use of any fertilizer for which the director requests such information;
(3) Include warning or caution statements on the label for any fertilizer which contains:
(a) Three one-hundredths per cent or more of boron in water soluble form;
(b) One one-thousandths per cent or more of molybdenum.
Last updated February 6, 2023 at 8:58 AM