Rule 145-2-09 | Purchase of exempted service credit.
(1) For service which would have been covered by Chapter 145. of the Revised Code, but was exempted, a member shall make a request to purchase credit for this service on a form provided by the public employees retirement system.
(2) The employer for which the service was performed shall complete the certification of such service on the form and attach to the form a copy of each approved written exemption from membership on file with the employer for such member.
(3) After receipt of the completed form, the retirement system shall determine the amount of service credit that would have been earned had the service not been exempted.
(B) For service which would have been covered by Chapter 3307. or 3309. of the Revised Code, but was exempted and must be purchased in this system, this retirement system shall request certification from the other retirement system that such service was exempted and the amount of the credit for such service, which shall be determined from a certification of the employer for which the service was performed.
(C) The service credit purchased pursuant to section 145.28 of the Revised Code and this rule shall be adjusted to the extent that one of the following apply:
(1) The service is concurrent with any other service that will be used in calculating a benefit;
(2) The purchase of the service credit results in more than twelve months of credit in a year.
Last updated September 30, 2021 at 9:07 AM