Rule 3342-4-08.1 | Administrative polcy regarding parking regulations.
(A) Parking credentials.
(1) Faculty and staff will be issued faculty/staff lot credentials on a first-come, first-served basis dependent upon available space. Faculty/staff credentials are not to be used by anyone other than the university employee.
(2) Students with thirty or more credit hours will be issued either residence hall lot credentials or commuter lot credentials by class standing on a first-come, first-served basis dependent on available space. Freshmen students (less than thirty credit hours) must purchase or display a parking credential for Dix stadium, Summit East or the Allerton sports complex lot unless otherwise authorized.
(3) Employees and students who choose to park a vehicle on university property may be limited to the purchase of one credential dependent upon available space.
(B) Special credentials and fees.
(1) Temporary replacement credentials. Any credential holder who fails to display a valid permit is required to immediately obtain a one-day replacement credential from parking services at no cost.
(2) Service permits. Departmental service permits will be issued to departments upon request in accordance with demonstrated need and available spaces. Authorization for service permits may be required from the appropriate vice president. Departments will be charged an administrative fee for each service permit issued. A service permit may only be used with a valid Kent state university parking credential. Holders of service permits may park in designated service spaces for a period of thirty minutes unless otherwise posted, or in any faculty/staff or student parking space for the amount of time needed to conduct official university business except E-1, state, metered, disability, and motorcycle spaces or where signs prohibit.
(3) Vendor and construction credentials. Companies and individuals who regularly conduct business with the university must register for vendor and construction parking credentials at parking services. There is an administrative fee for vendor and construction credentials. Holders of these credentials may park only as directed by parking services. Kent campus faculty, staff and students are not eligible for vendor or construction credentials.
(4) Retiree credentials. Retiree credentials are issued to those employees who have officially retired from the university. Retiree credentials are not to be used by anyone other than the retiree. Holders of these credentials may park as directed by parking services.
(5) Disability credentials. Persons with a temporary or permanent physical disability who require special parking consideration must obtain a state disability placard as well as a valid Kent state university disability parking credential. Persons with a short-term disability (one month or less) can contact the parking services office for instructions on obtaining a temporary parking credential. Disability credential fees are the same as regular credential fees for faculty, staff and student respectively. Disability credentials are honored in all disability parking spaces at any time. Holders of disability credentials may also park in any faculty/staff or student parking space except E-1, state, service, metered and motorcycle spaces or where signs prohibit.
(6) Motorcycle credentials. Motorcycle credentials are required and must be affixed to the rear fender or tail light of the cycle in such a way that they are visible. Motorcycle credential holders must park only in spaces designated for motorcycle parking. A fee for motorcycle credentials will be charged.
(7) State credentials. State credentials will be issued to university owned or leased vehicles that do not display state license plates. Holders of state credentials may park in any parking space except E-1, metered, disability, and motorcycle spaces or where signs prohibit.
(8) Conference parking credentials. Individuals or departments planning to conduct conferences, workshops or meetings must notify parking services at least ten days in advance of the date of the scheduled event so that parking arrangements can be made. A parking fee per participant vehicle will be assessed for any conference.
(9) Temporary credentials. Any non-permit holder using a motor vehicle on a limited basis may purchase a temporary credential from parking services.
(10) Regional campus. Kent campus credentials are issued to regional campus employees to be used while conducting official university business on the Kent campus. This credential may not be used by any Kent campus faculty, staff, or student in lieu of the Kent campus credential for which they are entitled. Regional campus employees who teach or attend classes on the Kent campus must purchase a Kent campus parking credential.
(11) Special event parking fees. Parking fees may be assessed for special events. Operators of vehicles displaying valid Kent state university parking credentials may be charged for special event parking.
(C) Lost or stolen credentials. A lost or stolen parking credential will be replaced and charged an administrative fee once the appropriate lost or stolen report form is completed.
(D) Visitor parking.
(1) Visitors are required to obtain and display a valid permit or pay the required parking fees when parking on university property, unless otherwise posted or authorized in advance by parking services.
(2) The student center lot is reserved primarily for visitors. Charges will be assessed for using this lot.
(3) Metered areas are provided throughout campus. No person shall park a vehicle in any such area without paying for time for parking during posted hours.
(4) Visitors should contact parking services during business hours or police services during non-business hours, for assistance or parking information.