Rule 3342-4-15 | University policy regarding international students' requirement to have health insurance.
(A) Purpose. The intent of this policy is to ensure reliable access for international students to United States health care services.
(1) Student. For the purposes of this policy, "student" is defined as any person who is enrolled for one or more credit hours at the university and who is attending classes at any campus.
(2) International student. For the purposes of this policy, "international student" is defined as any person who is not a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, an asylee, a refugee or part of the Jay Treaty, who is enrolled for one or more credit hours at the university, and is attending classes at any campus.
(C) Eligibility. All international students taking at least one credit hour are required to have health insurance that is comparable to the coverage provided with the Kent state university sponsored student health insurance plan.
(1) All international students are subject to a mandatory hard waiver program to ensure they have adequate coverage.
(2) All international students are billed each term for the full cost for single coverage under the Kent state university sponsored student health insurance plan.
(3) Any international student may request a waiver of this fee if:
(a) The student provides proof of full sponsorship by a government agency including health insurance, or
(b) The student provides proof of health insurance provided by a United States employer.
(c) If paragraphs (D)(3)(a) or (D)(3)(b) of this rule are met, a student will be granted a waiver if such health insurance coverage meets or exceeds the universitys specific coverage requirements.