Rule 3349-7-170 | Winter break leave.
To establish a rule for winter break leave.
This rule applies to faculty, administrative staff, unclassified hourly employees, and classified civil service employees. This rule does not apply to student employees.
(1) Consult rule 3349-7-01 of the Administrative Code.
(2) "On Call Employees" refers to those employees who are not assigned a regular work schedule; rather they are scheduled on an "as needed basis" and are compensated at an established hourly rate based upon the job assignment.
(3) "Regular Rate of Pay" refers to the employee's base rate of pay.
(4) "Winter Break Leave" are paid personal leave days designated at the discretion of the president of the university under the authority delegated to the president by the board of trustees.
(D) Rule statement
(1) Winter break leave is designated at the discretion of the president. Winter break leave days may not be rescheduled nor may they be substituted for other leave days or holidays by the employee.
(2) The university is officially open in order to assure the performance of time sensitive or essential functions.
(3) Faculty and administrative staff will be compensated at their regular rate of pay.
(4) Only the unclassified hourly and classified civil service employees who have the prior approval of their immediate supervisor to work during winter break leave will be eligible to receive overtime compensation. These employees will be compensated in accordance with the university's overtime compensation and compensatory time rule.
(5) On call employees will not be compensated for winter break leave unless they are scheduled to work by their immediate supervisor. If they are scheduled, they will be paid in accordance with the university's overtime compensation and compensatory time rule.