Rule 3349-7-85 | Legal holidays and religious observances.
To comply with federal and state laws and to provide employees with advance notice of the university's holiday schedule.
This rule applies to all university employees, including, but not limited to, faculty, administrative staff, unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees. It does not apply to student employees.
(1) Consult rule 3349-7-01 of the Administrative Code.
(2) "Active Pay Status" includes regular hours worked, vacation leave, sick leave, compensatory time, personal leave, legal holiday leave, winter break leave, and civic duty leave.
(D) Rule statement
(1) The university observes the following ten state of Ohio legal holidays: the first day of January; the third Monday in January, the third Monday in February; Memorial day; the fourth day of July; the first Monday in September; the second Monday in October; the eleventh day of November; the fourth Thursday in November; and the twenty-fifth day of December. The university will also observe any other holiday appointed and recommended by the governor of this state or the president of the United States. Employees shall be paid for these holidays unless otherwise specified by university rule.
(2) The board of trustees may designate alternate days for observance of the legal holidays otherwise observed on the third Monday in January, the third Monday in February, and the second Monday in October.
(3) If an employee observes certain religious holidays not observed by the state of Ohio, the immediate supervisor should allow the employee to take accumulated but unused vacation time or compensatory time earned to observe the holiday.