Rule 3349-8-25 | Compensatory time.
To establish a rule regarding compensatory time for unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees.
This rule applies to all unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees.
Consult rule 3349-7-01 of the Administrative Code.
(D) Rule statement
(1) An employee may accrue compensatory time to a maximum of two hundred forty hours.
(2) Compensatory time is not available for use until it appears on the employee's earnings statement and the compensation described in the earnings statement is available to the employee.
(3) An employee may use compensatory time earned in accordance with the overtime and holiday compensation rule at a time mutually convenient to the employee and their immediate supervisor prior to the end of the fiscal year.
(4) An employee shall be paid for compensatory time earned in accordance with the overtime and holiday compensation rule.
(5) When payment is made for compensatory time not used, it shall be paid at the overtime rate which was effective for the employee at the time the compensatory time was earned.
(6) All compensatory time must be used before an employee is granted a leave of absence without pay, except as otherwise permitted under state or federal law.