Rule 3349-8-75 | Probationary periods for classified civil service employees.
To establish a rule for a probationary period for all classified civil service employees during the initial period of employment.
This rule applies to all classified civil service employees.
(1) A "Classified Civil Service Employee" is an hourly employee, subject to appointment, removal, promotion, transfer or reduction by the appointing authority.
(2) A "Full-time Employee" is an employee whose regular hours of duty total eighty hours in a bi-weekly pay period.
(3) A "Part-time Employee" is an employee whose regular hours of duty are less than the eighty hours in a bi-weekly pay period.
(4) A "Permanent Employee" is an unclassified hourly employee or classified civil service employee who has successfully completed an initial probationary period.
(5) A "Probationary Period" is a period of time at the beginning of an original appointment, or immediately following a promotion or transfer, which constitutes a trial period for the employee.
(D) Body of the rule
Each classified civil service employee must serve a probationary period following any original appointment, promotion or transfer. Classified civil service employees whose services are found unsatisfactory may be removed at