Rule 3349-8-85 | Removals, suspensions, and reductions.
The purpose of this rule is to establish rules regarding removal, suspensions and reductions of classified civil service employees.
This rule applies to all classified civil service employees.
(1) Consult rule 3349-7-01 of the Administrative Code.
(2) "Absent Without Leave" refers to any classified civil service employee who is absent from duty habitually or for three or more successive duty days, without leave and without notice to the employee's immediate supervisor.
(3) "Step Reduction" means reducing an employee one step in the applicable pay table for purposes of calculating the employee's compensation.
(D) Rule statement
If a classified civil service employee will be subject to removal, reduction in pay or position, suspension of twenty-four or more work hours made for one or more of the statutory reasons enumerated in section 124.34 of the Revised Code, the employee shall be notified in writing, on a form provided by the director of administrative services or an equivalent form.
(1) The form shall state the statutory reason(s) for the action, and the effective date thereof;
(2) This form shall advise the employee of the right to appeal; and