Rule 3701-16-17 | Records and reports.
(A) Each residential care facility shall maintain records which shall be made available for inspection at all times when requested by the director, including:
(1) An individual record for each resident which shall be stored in a manner that protects and ensures confidentiality, except that information shall be immediately accessible for an emergency;
(a) Each resident record shall be started immediately upon admission to the residential care facility and shall include the following:
(i) The resident's name, previous address, date of birth, sex, race, religion; the date the resident began living at the residential care facility; the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the resident's attending physician, nearest relative, guardian, if any, and any other individuals the resident designates to be contacted, including individuals to be notified in the event of an emergency. The residential care facility shall not coerce a resident to provide any of this information;
(ii) Copies of the health assessments required by rule 3701-16-08 of the Administrative Code;
(iii) Notations about incidents and adverse changes in health status required by rule 3701-16-12 of the Administrative Code;
(iv) The medication record required by paragraph (I)(7) of rule 3701-16-09 of the Administrative Code as well as any medicare-D plan, if any, in which the resident is enrolled and receives prescription medication;
(v) Any documentation required by paragraph (J) of rule 3701-16-10 of the Administrative Code for residents on therapeutic diets;
(vi) The written resident agreement required by rule 3701-16-07 of the Administrative Code;
(vii) The documentation required by paragraphs (J)(5) of rule 3701-16-09 and (B)(4) and (C)(3) of rule 3701-16-09.1 of the Administrative Code for residents receiving skilled nursing care provided by the residential care facility; and
(viii) A copy of risk agreements entered into under paragraph (G) of rule 3701-16-07 of the Administrative Code and the signed statement required under paragraph (H) of rule 3701-16-07 of the Administrative Code, if applicable;
(2) The incident log required by paragraph (B)(2) of rule 3701-16-12 of the Administrative Code;
(4) A record of the name, address, working hours, medical statements, and training for staff members;
(5) Documentation of compliance with rule 3701-16-16 of the Administrative Code;
(6) Fire and evacuation procedures and records of fire drills required by rule 3701-16-13 of the Administrative Code;
(7) Records of heating system checks required by paragraph (A) of rule 3701-16-15 of the Administrative Code and fire extinguishing system checks;
(8) All records required by state and federal laws and regulations as to the purchase, dispensing, administering, and disposition of prescription medications including unused portions;
(9) The residents' rights policies, procedures and records; and
(10) All other records required by Chapter 3721. of the Revised Code and rules 3701-16-01 to 3701-16-18 of the Administrative Code.
(B) All records and reports required by Chapter 3701-13 of the Administrative Code shall be maintained and made available in accordance with that chapter.
(C) The residential care facility shall maintain those records:
(1) Required by paragraphs (A)(1) and (A)(2) of this rule, for seven years following the date of the resident's discharge except if the resident is a minor, such records shall be maintained for three years past the age of majority but not less than seven years; and
(2) Required by paragraphs (A)(3) to (A)(10) of this rule, for three years unless otherwise required by law.