Rule 3701-19-10 | Medical director.
(A) The medical director of a hospice care program shall be a physician and have overall responsibility for the medical components of the program. The medical director shall be either a paid or contractual staff member or a volunteer.
(B) The duties of the medical director shall include:
(1) Participating as a member of the interdisciplinary team or teams in the development of individual plans of care or assuring that one or more other qualified physicians participate on the team or teams;
(2) Reviewing patient medical eligibility for hospice care services;
(3) Maintaining responsibility and authority over all other physicians employed by the hospice care program;
(4) Consulting with attending physicians, when appropriate, regarding pain and symptom management;
(5) Assuring overall continuity of the hospice care program's medical services, including availability of physician services for both routine and emergency situations;
(6) Acting as liaison between patients' attending physicians and the interdisciplinary team or teams;
(7) Establishing health policies for employees of the hospice care program; and
(8) Serving as liaison with community physicians, medical schools, healthcare facilities, and hospitals.