Section 3712.03 | Director of health; powers and duties.
(A) In accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the director of health shall adopt, and may amend and rescind, rules:
(1) Providing for the licensing of persons or public agencies providing hospice care programs within this state by the department of health and for the suspension and revocation of licenses;
(2) Establishing a license fee and license renewal fee for hospice care programs, neither of which shall, except as provided in division (B) of this section, exceed six hundred dollars. The fees shall cover the three-year period during which an existing license is valid as provided in division (B) of section 3712.04 of the Revised Code.
(3) Establishing an inspection fee for hospice care programs not to exceed, except as provided in division (B) of this section, one thousand seven hundred fifty dollars;
(4) Establishing requirements for hospice care program facilities and services;
(5) Establishing procedures a hospice care program must follow while investigating a sign of suspected diversion of controlled substances containing opioids pursuant to division (B)(5) of section 3712.062 of the Revised Code;
(6) Establishing requirements for reporting to a local law enforcement agency pursuant to division (B)(6) of section 3712.062 of the Revised Code the results of an investigation of suspected diversion;
(7) Providing for a waiver of the requirement for the provision of physical, occupational, or speech or language therapy contained in division (A)(2) of section 3712.01 of the Revised Code when the requirement would create a hardship because such therapy is not readily available in the geographic area served by the provider of a hospice care program;
(8) Providing for the granting of licenses to provide hospice care programs to persons and public agencies that are accredited or certified to provide such programs by an entity whose standards for accreditation or certification equal or exceed those provided for licensure under this chapter and rules adopted under it;
(9) Establishing interpretive guidelines for each rule adopted under this section.
(B) Subject to the approval of the controlling board, the director may establish fees in excess of the maximum amounts specified in this section, provided that the fees do not exceed those amounts by greater than fifty per cent.
(C) The department of health shall:
(1) Grant, suspend, and revoke licenses for hospice care programs in accordance with this chapter and rules adopted under it;
(2) Make such inspections as are necessary to determine whether hospice care program facilities and services meet the requirements of this chapter and rules adopted under it; and
(3) Implement and enforce provisions of this chapter and rules adopted under it as such provisions apply to hospice care programs.