Rule 3701-19-42 | Volunteers.
(A) Each pediatric respite care program may use volunteers to assist with the provision of administrative or direct patient care services and may have trained volunteers available to pediatric respite patients and pediatric respite patients' families as needed. Volunteers shall provide services under the supervision of a designated qualified and experienced pediatric respite care program staff member.
(B) Each pediatric respite care program that uses volunteers shall provide orientation and ongoing training to the volunteers it uses that is consistent with acceptable standards of pediatric respite care practice.
(1) The pediatric respite care program's goals and services;
(2) Confidentiality and protection of patient and family rights;
(3) Procedures for responding to medical emergencies or death;
(4) The physiological and psychological aspects of the life-threatening diseases or conditions for which the pediatric respite care progam provides services;
(5) Family dynamics, coping mechanisms, and psychological issues surrounding life-threatening disease or condition, death and bereavement;
(6) Safety policies and procedures; and
(7) General communication skills.