Rule 3701-30-13 | Ohio lead advisory council.
(A) The director of health shall appoint individuals to the advisory council, created pursuant to section 3742.32 of the Revised Code. The terms of appointment shall be four years and may be renewed an indefinite number of times. The council:
(1) Shall meet at least four times per year;
(2) Shall provide assistance in the ongoing development and implementation of the child lead poisoning prevention program created under section 3742.31 of the Revised Code, including but not limited to providing advice on the adoption, amendment or rescission of administrative rules, policies, preferred methods of financing the program, the program's strategic plan for eliminating childhood lead poisoning and other issues of relevance to the child lead poisoning prevention program;
(3) Shall submit a report of the state's activities to the governor, president of the senate, and speaker of the house on or before the first day of March each year;
(4) May establish workgroups to address specific issues related to the child lead poisoning prevention program; and
(5) May invite individuals not members of the council to attend the meetings and serve on workgroups.
(B) Appointed members of the council shall attend no less than five of the eight meetings convened during a two year period, or three-fifths of the meetings if more than eight meetings are convened during a two year period.
(C) Vacancies shall be filled in the manner provided for original appointments. Any individual appointed to fill a vacancy prior to the expiration of the term for which the individual's predecessor was appointed shall serve for the remainder of that term.
(D) The child lead poisoning prevention program shall convene and facilitate meetings of the council and its workgroups. The program will be responsible for operational support of the functions of the council.
Last updated June 13, 2021 at 10:03 AM