Rule 3745-273-32 | Notification - standards for large quantity handlers of universal waste.
(1) Except as provided in paragraphs (A)(2) and (A)(3) of this rule, a large quantity handler of universal waste shall have sent written notification of universal waste management to the director, and received a U.S. EPA identification number, before meeting or exceeding the five thousand kilogram storage limit.
(2) A large quantity handler of universal waste who has already notified Ohio EPA of hazardous waste management activities and has received a U.S. EPA identification number is not required to renotify under this rule.
(3) A large quantity handler of universal waste who manages recalled universal waste pesticides as described in paragraph (A)(1) of rule 3745-273-03 of the Administrative Code, and who has sent notification to Ohio EPA as required by Chapters 3745-65 to 3745-69 and 3745-256 of the Administrative Code, is not required to notify for those recalled universal waste pesticides under this rule.
(B) This notification shall include:
(1) The universal waste handler's name and mailing address;
(2) The name and business telephone number of the person at the universal waste handler's site who should be contacted regarding universal waste management activities;
(3) The address or physical location of the universal waste management activities;
(4) A list of all of the types of universal waste managed by the handler (e.g., batteries, pesticides, mercury-containing equipment, lamps, aerosol cans, antifreeze, or paint or paint-related wastes); and
(5) A statement indicating that the handler is accumulating more than five thousand kilograms of universal waste at one time.
Last updated October 24, 2022 at 9:12 AM