Rule 3745-52-207 | Training.
An eligible academic entity shall provide training to all individuals working in a laboratory at the eligible academic entity, as follows:
(A) Training for laboratory workers and students shall be commensurate with the duties of the laboratory workers and students so the laboratory workers and students understand rules 3745-52-200 to 3745-52-216 of the Administrative Code and can implement those rules.
(B) An eligible academic entity may provide training for laboratory workers and students in a variety of ways, including but not limited to any of the following:
(1) Instruction by the professor or laboratory manager before or during an experiment.
(2) Formal classroom training.
(3) Electronic or written training.
(4) On-the-job training.
(5) Written or oral exams.
(C) An eligible academic entity that is a large quantity generator shall maintain documentation for the durations specified in paragraph (E) of rule 3745-65-16 of the Administrative Code demonstrating training for all laboratory workers that is sufficient to determine whether laboratory workers have been trained. Examples of documentation demonstrating training may include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Sign-in or attendance sheets for training sessions.
(2) Syllabus for training sessions.
(3) Certificate of training completion.
(4) Test results.
(D) A trained professional shall do both of the following:
(1) Accompany the transfer of unwanted material and hazardous waste when the unwanted material and hazardous waste is removed from the laboratory.
(2) Make the hazardous waste determination, pursuant to paragraphs (A) to (D) of rule 3745-52-11 of the Administrative Code, for unwanted material.