Rule 3745-52-233 | Petition to manage one additional episodic event per calendar year.
(A) A generator may petition the director for a second episodic event in a calendar year without impacting the generator's generator category under the following conditions:
(1) If a very small quantity generator or small quantity generator has already held a planned episodic event in a calendar year, the generator may petition Ohio EPA for an additional unplanned episodic event in that calendar year within seventy-two hours after the unplanned event.
(2) If a very small quantity generator or small quantity generator has already held an unplanned episodic event in a calendar year, the generator may petition Ohio EPA for an additional planned episodic event in that calendar year.
(B) The petition shall include all of the following:
(1) The reasons why an additional episodic event is needed and the nature of the episodic event.
(2) The estimated amount of hazardous waste to be managed from the event.
(3) How the hazardous waste is to be managed.
(4) The estimated length of time needed to complete management of the hazardous waste generated from the episodic event, not to exceed sixty days.
(5) Information regarding the previous episodic event managed by the generator, including the nature of the event, whether the episodic event was a planned or unplanned event, and how the generator complied with the conditions.
(C) The petition shall be made to the director in writing, either on paper or electronically.
(D) The generator shall retain written approval in the generator's records for three years after the date the episodic event ended.