Rule 3796:7-2-04 | Purchase of medical marijuana.
(A) A patient or caregiver may only purchase medical marijuana pursuant to a valid and active recommendation issued by a physician pursuant to rule 4731-32-03 of the Administrative Code.
(B) No patient under eighteen years of age shall purchase medical marijuana.
(C) Patients and caregivers must provide their registry identification card and identification before entering the dispensary department. Acceptable identification includes:
(1) An unexpired Ohio drivers license;
(2) An unexpired Ohio identification card issued by the Ohio bureau of motor vehicles (BMV); or
(3) Any other identification proving residency as approved by the board.
(D) The identification number on the identification provided to a dispensary employee must be identical to the identification number included in the patient or caregivers registration record.
(E) Before purchasing medical marijuana, patients and caregivers must provide the dispensing employee their registry identification card and identification described in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(F) A patients ninety-day recommendation shall be divided into two forty-five-day fill periods, except that the first fill period of a patients new recommendation shall be forty-six days. A patient may purchase up to a forty-five-day supply or, if applicable a forty-six-day supply for the first fill period of a new recommendation, at any time during a fill period.
(G) Except as provided in paragraph (G)(1) of this rule, a caregiver may obtain no more than a forty-five day supply of medical marijuana in any forty-five day fill period on behalf of a single patient.
(1) A caregiver may purchase up to a forty-six-day supply in a forty-six-day period on behalf of a single patient during the patients first fill period of a new recommendation.
(2) A caregiver shall purchase no more than the aggregate amount of medical marijuana authorized for each of the caregivers patients.
Last updated September 20, 2022 at 9:59 AM