Section 3796.22 | Rights of registered patient.
(A) Notwithstanding any conflicting provision of the Revised Code, a patient registered under this chapter who obtains medical marijuana from a retail dispensary licensed under this chapter may do both of the following:
(1) Use medical marijuana;
(2) Possess medical marijuana, subject to division (B) of this section;
(3) Possess any paraphernalia or accessories specified in rules adopted under section 3796.04 of the Revised Code.
(B) The amount of medical marijuana possessed by a registered patient shall not exceed a ninety-day supply, as specified in rules adopted under section 3796.04 of the Revised Code.
(C) A registered patient shall not be subject to arrest or criminal prosecution for doing any of the following in accordance with this chapter:
(1) Obtaining, using, or possessing medical marijuana;
(2) Possessing any paraphernalia or accessories specified in rules adopted under section 3796.04 of the Revise Code.
(D) This section does not authorize a registered patient to operate a vehicle, streetcar, trackless trolley, watercraft, or aircraft while under the influence of medical marijuana.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 8, 2016 – House Bill 523, 131st General Assembly [ View September 8, 2016 Version ]