Rule 4123:1-3-02 | Temporary storage and disposal.
(C) Temporary storage.
(1) All materials stored in tiers shall be stacked, racked, blocked, interlocked, or otherwise secured to prevent sliding, falling or collapse.
(2) Material stored inside buildings under construction shall not be placed within six feet of any hoistway or inside floor openings, nor within ten feet of an exterior wall which does not extend above the top of the material stored.
(3) Bagged materials shall be stacked by stepping back the layers and cross-keying the bags at least every ten bags high.
(4) Lumber piles shall not exceed twenty feet in height provided that lumber to be handled manually shall not be stacked more than sixteen feet high.
(5) Structural steel, poles, pipe, bar stock, and other cylindrical materials, unless racked, shall be stacked and blocked so as to prevent spreading or tilting.
(1) During the course of construction, alteration, or repairs, form and scrap lumber with protruding nails, and all other debris shall be kept cleared from work areas, passageways, and stairs, in and around buildings or other structures.
(2) Containers shall be provided for the collection of waste, trash, oily and used rags, and other refuse. Containers used for oily, flammable, or hazardous wastes, such as caustics, acids, harmful dusts, etc., shall be equipped with covers.
Five Year Review Date: