Rule 4501-30-02 | Equipment to be inspected.
(A) In order to operate an under-speed vehicle or utility vehicle, or a mini truck on public streets or highways, the vehicle must include the following equipment:
(1) Adequate brakes and braking system;
(2) Equipped with properly working brake lights, head lights, tail lights, and warning devices, also known as turn signals;
(3) A properly working steering mechanism;
(4) A windshield to prohibit injury from any debris from the roadway;
(5) A rear view mirror to reflect the operator a view of the public street or highway to the rear; and
(6) Appropriate tires that are free of major bumps, bulges, breaks, or any condition that would be cause for unsafe conditions.
(B) Any vehicle that does not comply with the requirements of this chapter of the Administrative Code and sections 4511.214 and 4511.215 of the Revised Code, shall not be permitted to operate on the public streets or highways.
(C) Any vehicle that has complied with the requirements of this chapter of the Administrative Code and sections 4511.214 and 4511.215 of the Revised Code, are required to submit evidence of an approved inspection from local law enforcement prior to registering the vehicle for road use.