Section 4511.215 | Local authorization for operation of low-speed, under-speed, or utility vehicle, or a mini-truck.
(A) By ordinance or resolution, a local authority may authorize the operation of under-speed or utility vehicles or mini-trucks on a public street or highway under its jurisdiction. A local authority that authorizes the operation of under-speed or utility vehicles or mini-trucks shall do all of the following:
(1) Limit the operation of those vehicles to streets and highways having an established speed limit not greater than thirty-five miles per hour;
(2) Require the vehicle owner who wishes to operate an under-speed or utility vehicle or a mini-truck on the public streets or highways to submit the vehicle to an inspection conducted by a local law enforcement agency that complies with inspection requirements established by the department of public safety under section 4513.02 of the Revised Code;
(3) Permit the operation on public streets or highways of only those vehicles that successfully pass the required vehicle inspection, are registered in accordance with Chapter 4503. of the Revised Code, and are titled in accordance with Chapter 4505. of the Revised Code;
(4) Notify the director of public safety, in a manner the director determines, of the authorization for the operation of under-speed or utility vehicles or mini-trucks.
(B) A local authority may establish additional requirements for the operation of under-speed or utility vehicles or mini-trucks on its streets and highways.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2017 – Senate Bill 114, 129th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2017 Version ]