Rule 4501-54-04 | Course approval procedures.
[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule, see paragraph (L) in rule 4501-54-02 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) The authorizing official of the enterprise, for approval to offer a motor vehicle collision prevention course for drivers age sixty and older, shall apply to the director of the department of public safety by means of the "Mature Driver Course Provider Application."
(B) Such applicant shall be of good reputation and character and shall include the following information in the "Mature Driver Course Provider Application":
(1) Authorizing official's name and address.
(2) The address of the enterprise through which the course will be offered.
(3) Name of course instructor.
(4) Detailed information describing the course curriculum and course content. The detailed information shall demonstrate compliance with the minimum course content standards, written exercise and skills demonstration requirements established in rules 4501-54-05 and 4501-54-06 of the Administrative Code.
(5) A drawing of the skills demonstration on-road and off-road course layout, as applicable.
(6) A sample copy of a written exercise.
(7) Indicate where all course records shall be maintained.
(8) Proof of insurance compliant with paragraph (F) in rule 4501-54-08 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Any changes in the course curriculum, course content, or written exercise or skills demonstration shall be submitted to the director for approval at least thirty days prior to implementation.